1. NO PURCHASE OR CONTRIBUTION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT IMPROVE AN INDIVIDUAL’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received and/or the number of participants in the contest.
3. Participants and winners must be legal residents of California, at least eighteen (18) years or older, unless otherwise specified in a particular contest, and they must have a valid California ID and US social security number as of the date and time of entering any contest. Winners acknowledge that if they enter any Mount Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. contest under a fraudulent name and/or social security number, they will automatically be disqualified from the contest and any future contests on Go Country 105.1 FM, 1260 AM, www.gocountry105.com, www.unforgettable1260.com, or any other station or website affiliated with Mount Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc. (collectively, “Mount Wilson”).
The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local law and regulations.Â Void outside the state of California and where prohibited or restricted by law.
4. Only one (1) entry per person per contest unless noted otherwise. Only one (1) entry per household per contest. Winners are not eligible to participate in any Mount Wilson contests for a period of sixty (60) calendar days from the date of qualifying for or winning a contest conducted or sponsored by Mount Wilson.
5. Employees of Mount Wilson, its affiliates, its representatives, the contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of any other broadcast company serving Southern California, and members of the immediate families of such persons and any individuals who have been employed by Mount Wilson in the sixty (60) calendar day period immediately preceding the effective date of the contest are ineligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. In the event that Mount Wilson becomes aware after a prize has been awarded that the winner has any of the above affiliations, the winner will be disqualified immediately and the prize will be revoked.
6. All prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Winners must redeem the prize by contacting the Mount Wilson promotions department by phone or e-mail only and within seven (7) calendar days after notification of winning, unless otherwise specified for a particular contest. If a winner fails to contact the Mount Wilson promotions department by phone or e-mail within seven (7) calendar days, the winner forfeits the prize and no other prize will be awarded in its place. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, Mount Wilson reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or to not award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. Mount Wilson retains the right to substitute a prize with another similar prize of equal or greater value in the event the original prize offered is not available due to circumstances beyond Mount Wilson’s control.
7. Delivery of prizes: All prizes will be delivered to winners via United States Mail service, unless otherwise noted. All prizes will be delivered within one hundred fifty (150) calendar days after the end of any contest, unless otherwise noted for the particular contest. All prizes involving tickets to an event or concert will be provided to the winner, up through and including the day or night of the event or concert. Mount Wilson reserves the right to leave tickets for an event or concert at will call at the event or concert and to change how the tickets will be left from mail to will call or will call to mail at any time. For all contests that occur within two (2) weeks of an event or concert, Mount Wilson may require the winner to pick up their tickets in person at the Mount Wilson office.Â No mailings to P.O. boxes. Mount Wilson is not responsible for any lost, stolen, misdirected or damaged mail. Prizes lost or damaged in mailing will not be replaced. Â
8. Payment of taxes and related expenses: Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not expressly included as part of the prize.
9. Required documentation: Winners of prizes with a fair market value of $600 or greater must execute and return an IRS Form W-9 and an affidavit of eligibility and liability release, as well as any additionally required forms, and must provide a photocopy of a legal document showing California residence and a photocopy of a legal document showing the winner’s social security number within seven (7) calendar days after receiving such forms or the prize will be forfeited. Winners agree to accept the estimate of the fair market value of the prize.
Winners of prizes with a fair market value of less than $600 may be requested to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and provide a photocopy of a legal document showing California residence and a photocopy of a legal document showing the winner’s social security number. Where such forms are requested, winners must execute and return such forms and documents within seven (7) calendar days after receiving the forms or the prize will be forfeited. Â
10. Release of liability/Indemnification: All winners and their guests, by acceptance of any prize, agree to release and hold forever harmless Mount Wilson, its affiliated prize partners, its affiliated companies, their agents, officers, employees, affiliates and assigns (collectively, “Releasees”) from any and all liability, loss or damage, including personal injury, or causes of action arising from, related to, or in connection with participation in any contest, acceptance of any prize, use of any prize, or while traveling to or from any prize related activity. Winners shall bear all risk of loss or damage to prizes after receipt.Â
ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND RELEASEES DO NOT MAKE (AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR) ANY REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES, OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATING TO ANY PRIZE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
Under no circumstances shall winners or their guests be permitted to obtain awards for, and participants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, and winners further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
If a concert or other ticketed event has been awarded as a prize and the concert or event is postponed, rained out, cancelled or for other reasons beyond our control do not occur/exist, Releasees will not be responsible for replacing the prize.Â Releasees will not be responsible for replacing a gift certificate or coupon where the business ceases to exist.Â To the extent that any prize consists of airline tickets and/or hotel reservations, Releasees are not responsible for any cancellation, postponement, lost ticket or overbooking. Releasees are not responsible if any part of a contest cannot be conducted and/or if a prize, either in whole or in part, cannot be awarded due to acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other factors beyond their control.Â
Mount Wilson has the sole discretion to terminate a contest at any given time or extend the dates of a contest.Â Mount Wilson retains the right to amend these rules at any time for any reason.Â
Mount Wilson reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value upon notice or change to the contest rules.Â Any ties, disputes, conflicts, questions or concerns regarding Mount Wilson’s contest and/or the associated prizes will be handled by the Director of Marketing for Mount Wilson, whose decision is final and indisputable.
Winners and their guests also agree not to sue or bring a proceeding against any Releasee for any claim or cause of action, whether known or unknown, including without limitation, for personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, invasion of right to privacy, publicity or personality, or based upon or relating to the exercise of any of the rights granted herein or any winner and guests’ participation in a promotion and/or acceptance and/or use of a prize.
11. Publicity: Except where prohibited, by accepting a prize, winner(s) grant the Sponsor and Station(s) permission to use their names, characters, images, voices, and likenesses worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented in any and all marketing and promotional materials and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. Each winner’s name may be included in a publicly available winners list.
13. For contests with prizes involving travel: The winner and his/her guest(s), if any, agree to accept the travel dates specified in the contest. If the winner cannot travel on such dates, the prize will be forfeited. Winners agree to accept all blackout dates, space availability requirements, etc. established by Mount Wilson’s prize partner(s), such as hotels, airlines, trains, ships, etc. Â Winners and guests who accept any trip as a prize from Mount Wilson do so entirely upon their own initiative, risk, and responsibility. Â If a trip requires traveling outside of the United States, winner, upon winning the prize, must have and show proof of a valid US passport within three (3) calendar days of notification of winning the prize or the prize will be forfeited. Â Where a prize allows for the winner to take guests, the guests must be eighteen (18) years of age or older except where the winner is the parent or legal guardian of the accompanying guest(s) and the prize allows for a guest to be under 18 years of age. The winner’s guest(s) (parent or legal guardian, if a guest is a minor) also must complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability release, which must be returned with the winner’s affidavit of eligibility and liability release within seven (7) calendar days of receipt of the forms or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries. No alternate guest(s) may be substituted once the winner’s guest(s) complete the required paperwork. The winner and his/her guest(s) are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documentation, including by not limited to, any Visa requirements and fees. The winner and his/her guest(s) are solely responsible for all costs not expressly included in a prize including, without limitation, any applicable taxes, license fees, additional tours, additional transportation, fuel surcharges, currency charges, all meals, beverages, room service, gratuities, merchandise, medical services, additional lodging, replacement of any lost items, optional travel insurance, etc. If airfare is included as part of a prize, airfare will be provided from Los Angeles International Airport, unless otherwise specified in a contest. If any part of the trip's itinerary does not take place as planned, for any reason, beyond the control of Mount Wilson, including but not limited to, cancellation, scheduling conflicts, political conflicts or war or an event of force majeure, the remaining components of the prize will be awarded and Mount Wilson’s obligation to the winner will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided.
14. Disorderly behavior and/or illegal conduct: Disorderly behavior and/or illegal conduct by a winner and/or their guest may result in revocation of a prize either before prize fulfillment and/or during the fulfillment of the prize, including but not limited to, during a concert or on a trip. If the winner and/or their guest have their prize revoked during fulfillment of the prize, both the winner and the guest will be asked to leave. Winner and/or guest will be responsible for any and all costs once the prize has been revoked. Mount Wilson, the tour operator, or the business providing the prize will make the determination if disorderly and/or illegal conduct warrants prize revocation. Any decision to revoke the prize for the above conduct is considered final.
15. Choice of law; In case of dispute: These rules and all contests are governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of California, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of California, Los Angeles County. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state courts of California and the federal courts located with such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of these rules and all contests.
By entering any Mount Wilson contest, participant acknowledges and agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, relating to, or connected with the contest or prize awarded will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action or representative action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the contest but in no event attorneys’ fees.
16. Indemnification: Winner and their guest(s) agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Mount Wilson, its officers, employees, affiliates, agents, advertisers, and sponsors from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, expenses, fines, penalties, judgments, demands and defense costs (including, without limitation, actual, direct, out-of-pocket costs and expenses and amounts paid in compromise or settlement and reasonable outside legal fees arising from litigation of every nature or liability of any kind or nature including civil, criminal, administrative or investigative) arising out of or in connection with the contest and use of the prize.Â This indemnity shall apply to all claims and liability regardless of whether any insurance policies of Mount Wilson, its officers, employees, affiliates, agents, advertisers, and sponsors or any other parties are applicable thereto, and shall apply regardless of whether or not the claim at issue was caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the party to be indemnified.Â
17. Specific types of contests:
On-air contests: For on-air giveaway contests, the contest will begin as soon as the announcer announces on-air the number of the caller necessary to win the contest. For example, if the announcer states that the 105th caller will be the winner, the contest will begin as soon as this announcement is made.
Calls for participants are taken in the order that they are received. In the event that more than one voice is heard on the telephone line, the winner will be the first person to speak. If the judge(s) or announcer is not able to determine which caller was first, a random drawing will be held to determine the winner. All persons that call in for on-air contests must be available by telephone at the number left on the Mount Wilson contest line. If the announcer asks listeners to text in to win, the designated texter will win. Standard text messaging rates apply for any text contests. If a participant is selected by the announcer but does not answer the telephone, they will be disqualified and the next numerical participant will be designated the winner. If winners are announced on-air and are told to call back within a certain amount of time to claim a prize, they must call the announced Mount Wilson contest line within the specified time frame to claim the prize. If the time lapses, the winner will be disqualified and another participant will be selected to win the prize. Mount Wilson is not responsible for any landline or cellular telephone malfunctions during the course of any contest. Mount Wilson does not assume any liability for faulty, mis-transcribed, misdirected/misdialed telephone communications or technical difficulties experienced by callers throughout the call-in portion of any contest. Please note that for listeners listening to any Mount Wilson radio station on a web stream or via a mobile app, there may be a delay between what is heard on-air and the broadcast heard through the web stream or mobile app. All on-air contests are based on the timing of when a listener is directed to call in through an on-air transmission, and not when it is heard through the web stream or mobile app.
Mail/facsimile contests: To enter a contest via mail or facsimile, participants must complete all the information deemed necessary to declare a winner. Only one (1) entry per person will be accepted unless otherwise specified on-air or in separate contest rules. Winning entry(s) will be drawn at random from all valid entries received. Mount Wilson is not responsible for late, misdirected, lost or mutilated mail, entry forms or faxes. No liability is assumed for any malfunction of computer equipment, fax machine equipment or fax machine telephone lines. If an entry is illegible or does not supply all information deemed necessary to declare a winner, the entry will be deemed invalid and another entry will be selected.
Internet contests: To enter an online contest, participants must complete all the information deemed necessary to declare a winner. Mount Wilson does not assume any liability for any malfunction of the internet or individual computer systems. When entering a contest via an advertiser’s web banner or logo hyperlink, Mount Wilson is not responsible for prize fulfillment or any aspect of the contest. Mount Wilson is simply a “link” to that advertiser’s site.
To enter a contest on www.gocountry105.com, there are two types of web contests. For contests that require zero (0) points, participants must complete all the information deemed necessary to declare a winner. Only one (1) entry per person for each contest unless noted otherwise. Winning entry(s) will be randomly selected from all valid entries received. If an entry is illegible or does not supply all information deemed necessary to declare a winner, the entry will be deemed invalid and another entry will be selected.
The second type of web contest on www.gocountry105.com involves a points contest. No purchase is necessary with a points contest. Instead, listeners will be directed to gain points by either listening on-air or participating in activities on the station’s website that will allow them to earn points. The points program is managed by Mount Wilson but operated by Triton Loyalty. To enter a points drawing online, participant must be a registered member of the rewards service, which is subject to the Rewards Service Terms and Conditions, which are incorporated herein by reference. Registration is free of charge. To enter a points contest participant must click to enter, or if points are required, participant must submit the required number of points for an entry specified on the specific contest, at which time the points will be deducted from participant’s account. The maximum number of entries allowed for each points contest (and the frequency with which participant can enter, if multiple entries are permitted) is determined by the number of points the participant has. The number of points required for an entry will be determined separately for each contest. An entry will not be valid unless all of the required fields of the online registration form are completed and the information is valid. Once submitted, an entry cannot be deleted, canceled or modified, except by Mount Wilson or Triton Loyalty. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple individuals using the same computer, an entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized registrant of the rewards service username and password from which the entry is made. The authorized registrant is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned a username and password, and all decisions regarding the identity of the authorized registrant shall be made by Mount Wilson in its sole discretion. Participant may also participate in a contest through an offline entry. No points are required for an offline entry. To enter offline, participant must mail a 3" x 5" card to Go Country 105 at P.O. Box 250028, Los Angeles, CA 90025. Participant may enter offline as often as participant wishes, unless otherwise limited by the particular contest’s rules, but there is a limit of one (1) card per outer postmarked envelope. The card must include the following information in legible, hand-printed or typed English: participant’s full legal name, complete home postal address, home telephone number with area code, the user name and email address participant entered when participant registered for the rewards service, participant’s age, gender, Go Country Rewards, and the name of the contest. All offline entries must be received on or before the entry deadline, except that if a contest entry deadline is on a Saturday, Sunday or holiday, offline entries must be received by the immediately preceding business day. If participant is concerned about participant’s mail-in entry being received by the entry deadline, then during the three (3) business days immediately preceding the drawing date of a contest participant may fax in a photocopy of participant’s offline entry card for that contest to 310-445-1439 and send it attention to Mount Wilson promotions. Limit one (1) card per facsimile. The facsimile must contain a photocopy of the card with the full information listed above and must be received by the entry deadline. After faxing a copy of the entry card, participant must still mail in participant’s original entry card for participant’s facsimile entry to be valid. Participant’s original entry card must be postmarked prior to the drawing date and must be received no later than four (4) calendar days after the drawing date. If participant’s original entry card is not received by mail within four (4) calendar days after the drawing date, participant’s facsimile entry will be void and participant will forfeit any and all interest in the prize(s). Mount Wilson is not responsible for any incomplete, late, lost, misappropriated, illegible, damaged, postage-due or misdirected mail-in entries, or for failure to receive online entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning or unavailability of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Mount Wilson. Winner(s) of the on-line points contest will be randomly selected from all entries. The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of entrants and eligible entries received for each drawing.
Mount Wilson is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the points contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the points contest. Mount Wilson assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Mount Wilson is not responsible for cheating or fraud by any participants. If, for any reason, the points contest is not capable of operating as planned, including, without limitation, as a result of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Mount Wilson which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the points contest, Mount Wilson reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the points contest and award prizes among eligible entries received.
NO PURCHASE OR CONTRIBUTION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
To request a copy of these official rules and/or a list of winners after a contest ends, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Contest Rules [and/or] Winner Names, [include the name of the contest], Mount Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc., c/o Marketing Director, P.O. Box 250028, Los Angeles, CA 90025.